Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to Blogging:
Well, it has been a year since I tried keeping up with my blog. Another great summer has come and gone. I believe that most of the kids start school next week. Collin will visit today and maybe tomorrow, then back to VERY quiet weekdays. I am already looking forward to the weekends.

Things are still at a stand still with Jump On In. I have found a building that I really like, is a good lease amount, and has a good location. I am waiting on acceptance of the proposal that I submitted this week. Keep your fingers crossed.


I had lots of great things happen in the last year, so I will post some pictures of the fun and great surprises of the last year as I have time. One of our most recent activites has been vests - yes that's right - vests. Karl started things off with wanting a vest made out of this really awesome vintage fabric that had bananas all over. After making that vest (and adding googlie eye buttons), Collin and Colleen HAD to have one too. I am not sure how long the vests will last since they are worn ALL the time. See the great pictures!

This is Karl "in the jungle"!! He has had so much fun wearing this vest and watching all the strange looks that he gets. Karl did go to a two-day concert with the rest of the boys and wore his vest without a shirt. He did fit right in with the crowd and got lots of pointing and "cool vest dude" from random people. However, ask him about his very interesting sunburn!



Collin also needed a vest and he picked black and red. These are reversable vests that I made with a pattern that I downloaded from the internet - at least I started with that pattern! Daniel made him take the vest off when they were working in the garage. Collin even wears it to church - and looks pretty sharp!





Colleen followed with a vest that she made - and just in time for her Rocky Mountain High retreat to Colorado. This is a difficult pattern, but she kept working until it was finished. It really looks so cute!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.