Sewing and Sewing:
Having lots of fun sewing lately. I have lots of time on my hands since I still do not have a signed contract on a building for my new business yet. Ugh! I made super cute fleece robes for Matthew and Christopher. And a couple of matching pj bottoms. They will certainly be warm this winter. With all the sewing, I have been trying to figure out how I could fit a really good sized work table in my sewing room. I was even designing a folding table to build - like a drop leaf table. And thought that I would put rollers on it to make it more portable. Bending over my dining room table to cut out my patterns is back breaking!! Well, this week I solved the problem and I think that I am GENIUS! I raised my dining room table with bed risers. This brings the table to the perfect height! Yes GENIUS! Okay, maybe someone else has thought of this, but I have never seen or heard of it and this has made working on my sewing projects much easier! So for 15 dollars and no extra space required for an additional table - problem solved! Yeah!
Colleen and I made several monogrammed key fobs last week and now everyone wants one! Colleen made up an order sheet and started selling them. She was here today making up her first order. They really are cute and Colleen picks beautiful color combinations. Colleen is making some spending money and getting some business experience. Go Colleen!!
I am traveling to New England to visit Anna and her family later this month. I try to make it up for Anna's birthday every year. I LOVE having a sister day. I can hardly wait to see my boys and I am looking forward to having breakfast served to me every morning!! Bill is awesome!I also get a week with Darien and Nef, my oldest son and his beautiful wife. I am really looking forward to the visit. They are starting a software development business and are really excited about there first clients.
I am working on an activity for our next Jr. High Youth night. I am thinking about cooking together, or a cooking school type activity. I love being in the kitchen with kids, so this is a good choice. I do have a book called the Milk and Honey Cooking School that teaches the history of God's people through cooking and eating. It takes you through several historical periods, with Scripture, historical data, the food of the time. My sister Mariane gave me this book several years ago and this is the perfect opportunity to host this event. It is lots of work and preplanning - so I hope Daniel will help since I will return from my trip just before our next youth night. Wish me luck!!



No comments:
Post a Comment