Sunday, September 27, 2009

Locked-In
Wow! The Junior High School Kick-Off and lock-in at church in the gym was completely awesome. So many people showed up! There were 79 kids signed up for the new year of our Youth Group. We had to bring out more tables and chairs and send out for more meat for the dinner. Everything worked out fine and our youth minister is so happy with the great response.


After dinner and after the parents left - the fun began! I could write and write about all the activities; however, I am now reflecting on how the evening affected me. I have to say that I was really in awe of the kids. They were so joyous and that joy was very contagious. There was LOTS of dancing, lots of video games, lots of silly games, and a movie in the early morning hours. 

But, my favorite activity was when the kids were asked to draw their vision of God on a small 1-inch ceramic tile with all colors of sharpies. Many of the kids were very proud of their tile and showed me what they drew and told me about why they drew that picture. They split up into groups to discuss their tiles and then they were all brought together to make a big picture of God with every kid represented. Completely awesome!

I worked very hard starting at 4pm helping in the kitchen and getting setup. I was very tired when I came home, but also strangely energetic. God reveals Himself in so many ways and last night was eye opening. I have been a bit stressed about finding a building for my business and I am reminded that God really is in control. His timing is always perfect. So true that when you serve God you always get more back. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for my life and for those precious kids!! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.