More Good News:
Construction continues to go well up at the Jump On In NW Houston site. I met, interviewed, and hired two new employees today. They are family of a good friend of mine and they are both everything that she said they would be. I am excited to have them on board.
The cabinets, counter tops, and front desk are now complete. They will start priming the walls in the electric colors that I selected this week. I am very anxious to see the actual colors on the walls - are the colors that I selected just too bright?? I sure hope not!
Daniel started his new job as assistant manager at Beck's Prime today and had a really great first day. Can you believe that they gave him a test on the ingredients of the menu items on his first day?? Wow! But now surprisingly (can you tell I am the mom??) he aced the test.
Daniel also had a really cool catering gig this weekend with one of his buddies from school. They prepared a sit-down dinner as a charity event for St. Thomas High School. Daniel's childhood baseball idol, Craig Biggio, was there. Daniel got to meet him and feed him!! Best of all he cleaned his plate and complemented the chefs on a really great meal.
Today I have been thinking about a young woman who just celebrated her 15th birthday on Sunday. I saw her at mass and she looked so beautiful - almost glowing. You could tell that she was excited for her special day. We are friends on Facebook and she updated her friends on her day. She talked about having lunch with her friends and going to the mall, etc. But she told us that she ended her day with "a three hour adoration that was great." She was one of the teenagers that went to the Steubenville retreat that I chaperoned this summer. Most of the kids really feel the presence of the Holy Spirit during adoration at this retreat and for some of them it is a life changing event. How completely awesome is it that she is going to adoration on her own to keep this connection going?? I am in awe of some of these kids. They love God, spend time in His presence, and are not at all shy about talking about Him. I really love that and find it very inspirational. Am I spending enough time in His presence? Am I sometimes too timid to speak about God and what He has and continues to do in my life? Thoughts for me to ponder. . .
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.

No comments:
Post a Comment