CCE and Sewing:
Daniel and I attended the teacher's kickoff meeting for this year's CCE classes. We decided to volunteer as aides this year. Daniel really felt called and I just told them that I would help if needed. Of course not only did they need me, but they still need help. In fact, Daniel's 8th grade class does not have a teacher yet. He may need to step up. Hopefully he will know soon since classes start next Wednesday night and he does not want to be forced to wing it!
I am helping in one of the 6th grade classes and met my teacher last night. She has been doing this for years so I hope to learn a lot and hopefully volunteer to teach next year. The sixth grade goes through the Old Testament and my teacher tells me that she goes through the year like she is telling one long story. Should be fun.
The religious education coordinator for the last 25 years at Sacred Heart, Virginia Ewald, is retiring this month. She still remembers Daniel when he went to CCE classes starting in elementary school. She was so happy to see him volunteering in the CCE program. Virgina has helped plant the word of God in SOO many little hearts (including both of my boys)! I need to post Daniel's First Communion picture - what a contrast from taking your first communion to touching the next generation of Catholics. I know that I had the picture in my hands in the last few weeks - was it in the garage in a box of framed photos or . . .?
I hope to get some news about a business property that is behind the Fountains Shopping Center. It is a good location and the lease amount is good even though I would have to lease more square footage than I need. I am sure that I can come up with something that will make those other square feet profitable! Say a prayer - I am so ready to get this business started.
I have been reading some sewing blogs lately. One in particular where the blogger reviews the patterns that she sews and adds pictures of her wearing her new dresses, etc. I actually got so many good ideas and now have a list of new patterns that I really want. I should probably wait until I get further along in sewing up the projects that Colleen and I have waiting for us. Do you think that if I made a list of the projects that I would feel good and so organized? Or, do you think that the list would be so long that I would get depressed? I am just not sure - but I have to tell you that the organized part of me really wants that list!! I do have a couple of "quick wins" or "low hanging fruit" as they say in the business world (NO I do not miss it!!). I am going to try to spend a couple of hours every day knocking some of those out. I have a couple of things for the O'Herren boys that I would like to finish before I head to New England for Anna's b-day.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.

1 comment:
so glad to see your blog updates! I've been reading knitting blogs and also have a list... so far, I am not making much progress ;)
Yeah for the building prospect! I can't wait to hear... I'm anxious for you to get your business started too!
Post a Comment