National Sewing Month:
Colleen and I had a great Saturday celebrating National Sewing Month! Actually we did not figure out that it was National Sewing Month until we saw a poster at JoAnns - but we started celebrating right away! We bought some great fleece for Colleen to make scarves for her friends for Christmas, flannel for more PJ bottoms, and several great patterns. We started working on one as soon as we got home - a great skirt for Colleen. We also attended an advanced appliqué software sampler at It's A Stitch - our Bernina store. I have to say that I can hardly wait until my new Version 6 software arrives!
I finaly got the large TV armoire moved out of my sewing room (Thank you, Daniel!!). Yeah! I have so much more room. I have a large mirror that I want to hang that will make the room seem even bigger. It will also give us a place to look at ourselves in the clothes that we are sewing. Having a sewing room - or any place to leave your sewing machine up and out - makes it so much easier to sew. I am really so lucky. I have room for both my machine and Colleen's - we can actually sew at the same time.
I am continuing to refine my organization, but my favorite drawer is the one for patterns. Having all my patterns together and organized by type makes finding the right pattern so much easier. Now I need to remember attach the pattern number on fabric that I do not use right away so that I do not have to waste time trying to figure out what I intended for the fabric. I am currently doing that for three pieces of fabric.
Colleen and I are talking about making a Duct Tape dress form. Should be a fun afternoon; however, I may have to find a place to hide mine before I start making it! Next will be learning to drape.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.


No comments:
Post a Comment